item1

Lisa Kuchinski
Be It Coaching/ Free Spirit Ranch
612-807-4740
lisa@beitcoaching.com

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Josie

        Josie the Compassionate Protector

9 yr old Paint

 Josie has lived at Free Spirit Ranch since she was 5 months old . She was an out of control toddler/Filly who climbed , got into  everything and you could never turn your back on her because she'd bite or strike out at you. Part of Josie's anger was due to abandonment. She was taken from her mom at 3 months of age. Way too young.

Eagle Looking after Willie and Lillie when they first arrived

Eagle became Josie's step mom. Eagle looks after all the new arrivals. Eagle is 39 year old POA ( Pony of America) . Eagle was my youngest first pony and my daughters first showing experience partner. 

Josie closest horse

 

Josie now protects Eagle ... It melts your heart to watch Josie look after Eagle when she is in the herd. It's a horses instinct to drive out the weaker horses for survival. 

Josie climbs through the fence to visit Eagle . Josie and Eagle were up where we store the hay bales. Nick, Charles and I were getting ready to feed round bales so we needed to move horses. All the large bales have plastic twine which is usually orange. The twine in the new bales is a pale light blue and much thinner and dangerous because you can't see it. 

Josie's foot got stuck in the twine she started to take off , some how my foot got stuck in the twine and around my ankle, which sent me flying to the ground... I was so blessed that when she realized she was stuck and I was connected to her, she stopped.  Charles held her until I was able to get myself untangled. The twine was really tight around my ankle , I was thankful for having boots on... Took me a few minutes to get out of twine. I was a little scared due to my head being very close to her ankle and hoof. ( Will be sure to keep a knife in my pocket and no more bales with blue twine)

Josie left / Fiona on right


At that moment I had an enormous awareness of  how gifted , special ,kind and talented the horses I live/work with are. When we are compassionate to people, children , nature and animals that compassion plus a connection to all that is comes full circle back to you and me. I had a choice to talk about how dangerous the situation could have been ( negative : I don't want to bring that into my life or experience) or how totally amazing Josie is...( positive) and how blessed I am. YES being blessed is an experience I look forward to keep experiencing ...

Health*JOY*Peace...Lisa

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Warms my heart. As a teenager, my horse was my best friend. Always loyal. Always happy to see me. Always loved me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horses are so incredible...The experiences one has with a horse stays with you for a life time.

      Delete
  2. Lisa, thank you for sharing that story! Brought tears to my eyes to hear about the relationship between those two horses! Also, the compassion and awareness (I know) they have for the people they care about! I am so glad you are okay, and what a blessing to work with the horses as you are!
    Please keep sharing!
    Janet
    jljan@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Blog...May you be enlightened , inspired and excited to start creating and living an amazing life NOW!...

Be It Coaching Blog

Linkdein2
facebook2
twitter2
m1
m2
EnewsletterSignupIcon