item1

Lisa Kuchinski
Be It Coaching/ Free Spirit Ranch
612-807-4740
lisa@beitcoaching.com

Friday, December 12, 2014

Food*Stress*Hungry - Emotional eating

                  Food * Stress * Hungry


Cisco
Willie

 What does Cisco and Willie have in common .
1) They are both the newest ponies to the herd
2) They are both so loved by us , friends and clients
3)  They both need a job on the ranch
4)  They both love to eat all the time
5) They both will do anything to get to food; they'll break fences ,put their heads through the fence to take grain,
beg for food, you name it they will try it. Plus they are so smart.

Cisco and Willie can be a reflection of what happens to folks regarding over indulgence of food. The horses and my clients teach me so much , and I like to pass on my lessons and learning's .
 
Willie

 What Cisco and Willie can teach us regarding eating habits
1) When your in a new surroundings it can be uncomfortable which can lead to eating when not hungry, or choosing foods which I call comfy foods that are high in fat , sugar or salt. They satisfy a person at the moment but after the fact your body feels terrible , the heart is sad , and the mind starts the negative talk .

2) Feelings of loneliness especially during the holiday brings on eating binges. One keeps eating trying to find a food that will satisfy the longing for companionship. The more one try's to fill that emptiness the worse one feels. It truly is a bottomless hole.

3) Boredom causes eating with out purpose . One eats to pass the time.

4) A person is consumed with what they will eat for dinner , breakfast even when eating a meal. 

What we all know for a fact is Stress causes weight gain even if your eating healthy food . I have experienced this is my own life. Now add , dark days to the equation, less than 7 hours of sleep a night, lack of joy & love for self, folks are over worked, perhaps you have become a slave to your children, every where you look or hear there are unhealthy choices of  food to eat, what is a person to do???    

Learn new skills to get your life back in harmony . 
Here a some helpful hits 
a) Hire a coach (me- I know my stuff :) )
b) Be gentle with yourself
c) Make a list of all that situations that cause you to eat when not hungry. Next to each trigger write down what you'd like to do instead. Example 3pm you hit a wall, your exhausted, old habit is eating a candy bar. New habit you start taking an adrenal support and go for a 5-10 minute walk outside. FYI this is my trick for me.
d) Make a meal that will last for four days . My kids hate this, but it encourages them to make a meal if they don't want to eat chili and salad on day 4, and it stops me from buying take out . win / win . 
e) Most importantly eat at least one meal a day as a family . Remind each other to slow down and enjoy what the food tastes like and each others company . Saying a prayer raises the vibration of your food.  Everyone helps , if I cook kids clean , kids cook I clean. If your single invite your friends over for dinner perhaps start a dinner exchange . See how creative you can be.
f) BE very mindful before eating , ask yourself am I hungry , be sure you know what hungry feels like. If your not hungry what emotion do you need to address .  Your body ALWAYS talks to you, please hear it!
g) Carry healthy snacks with you , nuts , protein, veggies, fruit, don't leave home with out them.

Take action in your life. You know if you keep doing the same thing you'll keep getting the same result . No judging yourself , life is an experience , enjoy , laugh, learn , explore , let go , keep your focus on YOU! Who cares what every one else is doing, this is your life, live it for you my friend,

Health*JOY*prosperity...Peace...Lisa

PS ... I mindfully choice the colors I pick in every blog ,  the capitalization and the...(dots)
If your an English major and I'm driving you crazy , let go and embrace the potential of the unknown, possibility and a different way :) 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Blog...May you be enlightened , inspired and excited to start creating and living an amazing life NOW!...

Be It Coaching Blog

Linkdein2
facebook2
twitter2
m1
m2
EnewsletterSignupIcon